This is a comprehensive curriculum – it’s robust! I believe that’s what it takes to prepare you fully for embracing & cultivating a resonant acupuncture practice & career. Below find information about the curriculum and each course, including dates of release where available.
This page describes the curriculum of the Whole Life Practitioner Acupuncture Business Training program taught at Deepest Health. If you just want general information about the program, click this link.
These courses are in active development. As I get closer to release dates, I will provide more information! If you want to be kept updated about course development and other work on the site, please sign up for email updates. Or you can keep in touch via the Deepest Health community.
- Orientation & Introduction – In this course, free to all WLP course registrants, you learn what you need to benefit from the course & website. We also do a thorough analysis of business systems, and orient you around the Classical Chinese symbolism that is the beating heart of the Whole Life Practitioner training.
- Planning, Path & Purpose – the HEART ❤️ – This course is at its core about creating a Whole Life Business Plan, which can become a document that guides, challenges and accompanies you as you build the acupuncture practice you’ve been dreaming about. This course will be available August 2021, and registration is underway, to learn more and get signed up – go to the course page!
- Acupuncture Business Organization & Execution – the SMALL INTESTINE 🐏 – The companion course to the Heart course, and a deep dive into organization, productivity, leadership and what it really takes to own and grow a thriving acupuncture practice. Coming Fall 2021. Learn more about the course here.
- Building Thriving Teams & Relationships – the PERICARDIUM 🐕 – Running a Chinese medicine clinic of any size, in any place, is largely about relationships. This course covers building a larger team as you grow your practice, as well as putting leadership into action by cultivating powerful professional relationships.
- Acupuncture Practice Ethics & Boundaries – the TRIPLE BURNER 🐖 – Again, acupuncture business is all about relationships. Boundary detection, maintenance and troubleshooting both as a clinician and as a business owner form the center of this course.
- Acupuncture Clinic Location (Location, Location) – the SPLEEN 🐍 – The Earth courses are all about the structures and equipment you use to create space for your patients and the people who run your clinic. In the Spleen course, I’ll talk about all aspects of your location. How DO you find that perfect space – and how does it become the foundation of a thriving practice?
- The 10,000 Things of Acupuncture Clinics – the STOMACH 🐲 – Building on the work in the Spleen course, we’ll discuss how to design, fill and protect the things that fill your space. More than that, I’ll teach you how to make your gorgeous space part of the foundation of your clinic marketing.
- Money In – the LUNG 🐅 – Moving on to metal, we get down to brass tacks and talk about the money. Here, the big breath in – we talk about the inflows. Strategy, yes, but also pricing, packaging and even a visit to insurance billing for acupuncturists.
- Money Out – the LARGE INTESTINE 🐇 – Then we work on letting go – watching the money flow out but in service of your goals! In this course I discuss all the outflow including acupuncture clinic financial planning, budgeting, bookkeeping and of course, taxes.
- Acupuncture Marketing Identity & Strategy – the KIDNEY 🦉 – Diving into water, you’ll root ourselves deeply in the Heart’s vision and learn to communicate who you are and how you can help to the wider world. In this course, I’ll discuss the development of an acupuncture clinic identity, or “brand,” and how to work with it.
- Acupuncture Marketing Tools & Techniques – the BLADDER 🐒 – This is an important course, and one that will be frequently updated, because in it I get into detailed contact with tools and tactics used in successful acupuncture marketing. Acupuncture websites, social media marketing, live and event marketing and more.
- Acupuncture Clinical Container & Operational Strategy – the LIVER 🐂 – The wood courses are, in some ways, the hub around which the rest of the series turns. Operations is a label for the structures and functions that create the experience your patient has as they move through your patient journey.
- Acupuncture Clinic Operational Flow & Excellence – the GALLBLADDER 🐀 – As with most of the yin-yang pairs in this list, this course is where we get more detailed and applied. First and foremost, we’ll discuss your front desk operations, from calendar and EHR to communications tools.