This quarter’s issue focuses on interpretations of Spirit as it pertains to the teaching, learning and practice of Chinese medicine. As with all issues of Chinese Medicine Quarterly, we take a simple theme and ask our writers to produce an article around that theme.
In this case, we find about half the writers discussing the operation of Spirit in the context of clinical practice & study. The other half look more closely at the concept of Spirit itself, as expressed in Chinese medicine. The result is a wonderful mix of theoretical and practical that will be of use to everyone from first year students to seasoned practitioners of the medicine.
What’s in the magazine?
29 full color pages of information & thought provoking imagery, including:
- Amanda Wang, DOM, discusses the Spirit of the Shanghan lun for beginners.
- G. Michael Reynolds, DOM, lays out what the Shen is and is not, helping us to see the value of the concept in clinical practice.
- Howard Kim, DOM, introduces us to a sensory and culinary exploration of important Shen treating herb, Yiyiren (Coix or Job’s Tears).
- Brandon Brown, MSOM, LAc, engages in a fascinating discussion of the archetype of the Heart.
- Eric Grey, MSOM, LAc, reports on what he learned from one of his mentors, Liu Lihong, about the essence of practicing medicine from the heart.
- Hayley Gardner, MSOM, LAc, opens our eyes to the spirit of medicine making in her discussion of the power of preparing bulk herbs in healing methods.
Why should you join the community of Chinese Medicine Quarterly readers?
Hundreds of people have bought issues of Chinese Medicine Quarterly have enjoyed the quality information, beautiful imagery, and inspiring feeling of being part of something new. While that last part might not seem like much of a benefit, give it some thought. We spend so much time studying, so much time working patient cases & dealing with mountains of paperwork.
Sometimes, it can be easy to lose center and feel like a disconnected, sometimes disgruntled, individual slogging on alone.
While buying Chinese Medicine Quarterly isn’t going to do your paperwork for you, nor solve your most vexing patient cases, it will make you feel like you are part of a growing, thriving profession. You will also be actively contributing to the growth of that very thing, by supporting independent scholarship & the many projects currently being cooked up at Deepest Health.
Each digital PDF issue is $4.99. We do not yet have a subscription option. If you’re ready to purchase – simply use one of the buttons below to add it to your secure shopping cart. After completing your order, you will have immediate access to the issue.
Thank you for supporting independent Chinese medicine scholarship!